A little mid-week post, firstly because I am currently at home in bed with a touch of flu and secondly because I was pleased to find out that my fellow blogger Morgan at All-Nighter Writer had included me in her list of nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award and for the Liebster Award 🙂
A big thanks to All-Nighter Writer for nominating me.
So this blog is to combine the both.
Morgan is a fellow writer and her blog is filled with great posts about her journey as a writer, reviews, tips as well as discussing situations all writers end up in touched with friendly, personal experience that many of us can relate to. She has recently just finished her manuscript which is always an incredible achievement and I cannot wait to read her work. Do make sure you check out her blog, it is well worth a follow!
Okay, onto the Award – let’s start with the Versatile Blogger Award
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself!
- I wrote to Penguin Publishers when I was about 13 years old asking their advice on becoming a published novelist because I wasn’t getting any support about my chosen path. They kindly wrote back to me with advice 🙂
- I am often called by friends, neighbours and co-workers to rescue trapped or injured wildlife.. I even carry a rescue kit in my car.
- I love movies, in fact I have well over 700 DVDs.
- I grow Venus fly traps, they are one of my favourite plants
- When I was younger (as well as a writer) I also wanted to be a Vet, a cartoonist, a paleontologist, an artist or a detective.
- One of my favourite animals is the octopi, I even have a plush pink one that sits near my bed (next to a shark one…that is another favourite)
- I love creating, whether it is stories, artwork, pottery or jewellery.
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
Eleven Random Facts
- I like rain
- After tea, hot chocolate is my favourite drink
- I love snakes and bats
- My favourite author is Anne Bishop
- I hate reality TV shows
- I get very grumpy while ill
- I like the idea of jigsaw puzzles but have no patience for them
- I never ride in lifts
- I have never made a snowman but I’ve made a snowfox, snow dinosaur and other snowanimals
- I love mythology especially Greek, Celtic and Egyptian
- I love classic Rock music
My answers to questions nominator asked.
Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
Hopefully reducing hours at my “normal job” allowing me to write more and do more for my online shop. Completing my manuscript right up to polished level and a little bit more comfortable with all this social media! 🙂
What got you into blogging?
During an art slump I stop uploading artwork onto deviantArt and started putting up Writing Tutorials, just things I had encountered. They were a big hit, people were messaging me questions and suggesting new ones. It was really enjoyable being able to support and help other writers especially younger ones who don’t always get the encouragement from others. However I felt that it would be best to separate my writing tutorials from the dA community and start a blog specifically for it.
What are your writing goals?
My writing goals are listed in this post if anyone is interested 🙂
Besides blogging, what do you do in your free time?
In my free time I garden, watch the birds, read, watch movies/TV shows, do archery, do pottery, make and sell jewellery, play boardgames and card games and go to the cinema.
How old are you?
I am 34
What is your favorite movie?
I don’t think I’ve ever had a single favourite movie – those these are some of my favourites: The Princess Bride, Tangled, How to Train your Dragon, Lucky Number Slevin, the Bourne Trilogy, Serenity, Ever After, The Martian, John Wick…
Who or what motivates you in your life?
My partner motivates me, whether I am struggling with my anxiety, feeling rubbish about everything I do or just in a regular slump he is the one that can keep me going.
What is(are) your favorite thing(s) to blog/write about? And why?
If we are talking blogging, then it’s all about writing. I love blogging about writing tips, techniques and things that might help other writers.
What is your occupation?
My normal job is in a large firm working in admin. It is boring and does not challenge me at all even though we do much more these days including design work. So I started up my own shop creating items for sale – I have built it up slowly for a few years and it is growing year on year
What is your biggest writing challenge?
It bounces between not having the time to struggling to get into the zone. I seem to get my best ideas and desires to write while I work… which makes it a little difficult!
What do you cherish most?
(After my partner, pets, family) what I cherish most is my imagination. This vast weird sense that just gives me so much freedom in a world full of constrictions.
Since I only started to use this blog regularly August last year, I don’t yet know as many blogs as I would like so here are my nominees for both awards – apologies if they do not match the full criteria.
- I Lost My Lens Cap
- The English Professor At Large
- Part-Time Novel
- Metal Gaia
- Amaranthine Rain
Questions for my nominees
- What is your favourite book and/or movie?
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years time?
- Describe would be your ideal day
- Describe yourself in 5 words
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- Zombie attack or alien invasion, if one had to happen, which would you prefer?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Do you have any goals for 2016?
- Do you have any regrets for 2015?
- What did you want to be when you were little?