A thanks to my awesome friend and fellow writer, Lorraine Ambers who has nominated me for The Mystery Blogger Award. Make sure you check out her website, it is full of great articles and she is definitely a writer you want to keep watch on 🙂
This award was created by Okoto Enigma!
- Put the award logo/ image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best posts
Lorraine’s questions for me
01 – What’s your favourite genre of books and movies? Are they the same?
My favourite genre of books is definitely fantasy with sci-fi a close second. For movies, I also love fantasy but I also love action and mystery and sci fi and thriller and awful…awful creature feature movies (like Toxic Shark).
02 – If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Probably the ability to control other people… not for anything nefarious, but just to like keep dithery people out of my way at the grocery store.
Like to just give them that mental nudge to, you know, move away from the area I want to be in… because they seem to just BE there to chat and not to select items and some of these people seem incapable of hearing you when you politely ask them to move.
And it would save me from ramming them with my shopping trolley.
Or maybe Pyromancy… but that would be for nefarious purposes! *evil cackle*
03 – What was the last book you read?
Technically the last book I read was as a beta-reader, The Silver Ninja: A Bitter Winter by my friend Wilmar Luna. He is working through his newest edits, but Wilmar is another writer you should keep an eye on.
04 – What do you like to do for fun?
Anything from shooting arrows at targets, to watching really bad movies, to star-gazing, to looking for cute bat pictures on Pinterest.
I have a swathe of hobbies and interest that snap for my attention and I pin-ball between them all like an ADHD toddler whose eaten too many pixie-sticks.
05 – If you could date a character, who would it be and why?
If we are talking a character from a book, it would have to be Reyes Alexander Farrow from the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. 😀 Because he is always hot and I got cold a lot, so you know, good match ;p
I am not really a rule-abiding person so I am only going to nominate 6 people and they are:
My Questions… to my nominees
- Which book, if any, can you read over and over again?
- If you got teleported into a novel, which novel would you want to end up in?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you like octopi?
- If you were stuck on a rollercoaster for an hour, would you want to be stuck on one that goes up and down or round and round?
You don’t have to be nominated to answer these questions, I’d be interested in EVERYONE’s answer to these 😀
Also, do check out the links of all the blogs mentioned in this post. They are all awesome and the people that run them are just as awesome. Check them out. Now. DO IT!
~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~
Hope you enjoyed my fascinating answers to those questions and I do encourage everyone who reads this to leave their own answers to MY questions in the comments section below.