Here’s a little mid-week post, enjoy!
The awesome Morgan from Allnighterrwriter tagged me in the Cupid’s Book Lover Tag. (Make sure you check out her blog, it is full of great advice and lovely touches of personal experiences during the writing processes)
Now I am not a Valentine’s person (in fact my partner wasn’t even here on Valentine’s day!), I am a total book-whore.
So here are my answers to the questions.
1. Favourite Love-Story book
This would have to be The Princess Bride (which I also love as a movie!).
2. Share your best Valentine’s Day memory.
As I said, my partner and I don’t do Valentine’s Day. We don’t feel the need for a specific
day for showing affection. So the memory we have is not really a lovey couple one. My best Valentine’s Day memory is that several year ago we took in rescue cat who is just awesome (most of the time) ;).
3. Favorite fictional hero/heroine?
I have waaayyy too many favourites, so I’m going to choose a NEW favourite – Reyes Farrow from First Grave on the Right. He is strong, protective and pretty damn hot. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this series so if you HAVE read it – no talking about it!
4. What story has the best most memorable moment; kiss, proposal, etc?
Honestly, I can’t think of any memorable romantic moments in stories. I am more likely to remember memorable deaths!
5. What is your all time favourite Romantic movie?
I don’t watch Romantic movies as a norm but I do love Ever After featuring Drew Barrymore. It is a re-telling of the story of Cinderella. Not something I would normally like, but it just works!
6. If you can go anywhere for a romantic getaway (fiction or non-fiction) where do you go?
I would want to spend it on Howl’s Moving Castle. I love the idea of a trundling, walking castle powered by a fire demon. 🙂
7. Who do you want to be your valentine?
My partner would always be my valentine.
8. Chocolate or flowers?
Chocolate, because I don’t like cut flowers, if I get flowers I like them alive and growing.
9. Novels: Romance or Adventure?
Adventure! I don’t mind a little romantic element but I tend to steer clear of romance books as I whole.
10. What fictional villain do you secretly love?
I think it would have to be Thalric, from the Shadows of the Apt series by Adrian Tchaikovsky. His is the antagonist, introduced in the first book Empire in Black and Gold. His development throughout the series is just excellent! If you haven’t read any of this series, I seriously recommend it.
Tag, you’re it!
To participate: Copy and paste the following in your blog to participate in this tag:
Cupid’s Book-Lover Tag
- Tag the creator (AbbieLu @ Cafe Book Bean)
- Have fun answer the questions
- Tag 5-10 people to join in the fun
- Thank & link those who tag you
- Don’t worry about the rules!
You don’t need to be tagged to participate, so join in and have a whole lot of valentine fun!